Sunday, October 29, 2017

Hope Your Halloween Is Frightfully Sweet!

Hello! I can't believe it's almost the end of October. It seems like summer was just here last week. Honestly, this year is just slipping away from me. I just had to create a fun little card for my granddaughter Journey for Halloween. She (and her mom) love Halloween. They had a fun pumpkin carving party last night and my daughter has been planning their costumes for the past month. To create this fun little card I started by distressing a piece of plain white cardstock using my Tim Holtz distress inks. I created the moon by die cutting a circle out of a piece of masking paper. Using the negative of the die cut I inked the moon using squeezed lemonade ink. After the ink dried I masked the moon itself and then inked the sky using salty ocean, faded jeans, and black soot. Using my MiniMister I sprayed a light spritz of water onto the panel for a nice distressed look and then flicked on some droplets of white using Tim Holtz distress spray stain in picket fence. I then inked a separate strip of white cardstock using mowed lawn and then die cut it using a Paper Smooches lawn die. I adhered the grass onto the panel and then stamped the sentiment from the Darcie's Heart & Home Bootiful Halloween stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink and my Misti tool. I then stamped the bat from an old Stampin' UP stamp set. I adhered the panel onto my white card base. I then stamped the trick or treaters onto some Copic-friendly cardstock, colored them using my alcohol markers, fussy cut them leaving a nice white border, and adhered them onto the card using Scrapbook Adhesive foam squares. To finish my card I added some clear Wink of Stella to the kids and the bat. I know Journey is going to love it! Thank  you for visiting my blog today and if you like my card be sure to leave a comment!

3 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! This is incredible!!! Your coloring is out of this world and such an awesome background too!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is just adorable, and that inky background is awesome! Bet it brought a huge smile to your granddaughter's face. :)

Lisa Elton said...

This little tiro of ghouls are far too cute to spook! Amazing sky too. Adorable card Celeste!