Sunday, August 13, 2017

Thanks A Latte



Gotta love when you find something so fun and so economically priced, right? I was visiting my daughter and granddaughter this weekend and we popped into her local Hobby Lobby. I was too excited when I found this fun coffee stamp set by Stampabilities for the ridiculous price of $2.99!!! I had to snag it and the fun little slab of birch wood that I used for my photograph. I'm still trying to beef up my photography but I'm still not quite there yet. 
Anyway, I created my card by matting some early espresso cardstock by Stampin' UP onto my white card base. I then die cut a piece of Canson cold pressed watercolor paper down using a Gina Marie Design stitched rectangle die. I prepped the paper for embossing with my EK Success powder tool. I stamped the coffee beans from the stamp set all over the background and heat embossed it using Zing embossing powder in chestnut. After that cooled off I added some "coffee stains" to the background using a paintbrush and some Tim Holtz distress ink in walnut stain. I mounted the panel to the card and added another strip of espresso cardstock that I had added some stitched lines to by using a Paper Smooches border die. I stamped the sentiment and the cup onto a pierced oval die panel that I die cut using a My Favorite Things die. I stamped the cup again and colored it using my Copic markers and fussy cut it and mounted it to the panel using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. A bit of Glossy Accents on the heart of the cup finished my card. I hope you like it and thank you for visiting my blog!


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a great find Celeste! I like the slice of wood for your photography too. You card is cute. The beans in the background look terrific and so does that little pop of color from the cup sleeve!

Hetty said...

Such a great card, Celeste. It is always wonderful when you have a surprise find!

Sybrina K said...

$2.99 you say?! WOW! Love that you found this wonderful bargain... and that you put it to use so quickly... and so well. Cute, cute card!