Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Big Holiday Wishes


Today's card was create for a challenge but I completed it too late to participate. To create my card I started with a piece of Canson cold pressed watercolor paper, smooth side up. Using my Misti stamping tool I stamped the XOXO border from the Simon Says Stamp Big Holiday Wishes stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink. The Misti stamping tool came in handy since I was stamping onto watercolor paper and even though I was stamping on the smoother side of the paper it took several stampings to get a good impression. I then stamped the focal sentiment and the strings for my mitten onto the watercolor paper using the same ink and heat embossed it using some Zing clear embossing powder. I did this so I could watercolor around the image and not have the ink dull from the ink. Using Tim Holtz distress ink in faded jeans I watercolored the focal panel and added some splotches and dots using an acetate sheet and the smooshing technique. I then stamped the mittens from the same stamp set onto some plain white cardstock and used Gina K Designs ocean mist ink to stamp the coordinating heart on the mittens. I fussy cut those out and popped them up off of the card using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. For a finishing touch I added some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to the mittens for some pretty shimmer and shine. I hope you like my card! Please don't forget to leave a comment. 

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the frosty blue and those sweet little mittens!!