Friday, January 20, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day


Today's card was created for the Sunday Stamps weekly challenge. I started with a white card base and layered on a 1" strip of Gina K Designs glossy patterned paper with a fun heart theme off to one side. I then cut a strip of black Stampin' UP cardstock to add to the edge of the patterned paper for some added contrast and then stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Happy Everything stamp set onto the top left corner. I then stamped the sock monkey from The Cat's Pajama's Show Me The Monkey stamp set onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored them in using my alcohol markers in coordinating colors. I fussy cut them and edged them using my dual tip Memento marker in tuxedo black. I stamped the heart envelopes from the same stamp set three times so they connected, colored them, and fussy cut them out too. I popped the monkeys up using Stampin' UP's foam dimensionals and adhered them to the card. I finished the card by adding some crystal Stickles the hearts on each of the envelopes and some pretty red Nuvo drops around the monkeys. I hope you like it! I plan on donating this card to the Send A Smile 4 Kids Valentine's card drive. 



3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Aren't they a cute little trio!! This is a darling valentine Celeste!!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you so much Lisa...I appreciate that!

Claire Broadwater said...

Celeste, I love these adorable sock monkeys! I LOL when I saw your card. Who wouldn't want to be your Valentine?!?! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX