Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Happy Birthday Poppies

Today's card was created for the latest Addicted To Stamps And More challenge. The challenge was to create a clean and simple card...something I struggle with. I really love layers and patterned papers so doing a one layer or CAS card is tough for me. But I managed to break out of my comfort zone with this one by doing some light watercoloring on an embossed image. I started by prepping some Canson coldpress watercolor paper with my EK Success powder tool and then stamped the poppy image from Unity Stamp Company's Wishing You Joy stamp set and then birthday greeting from Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Borders stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink. I covered the images with Zing clear embossing powder and heat set them using my heat tool. Once that was cooled I did some very light watercoloring using Tim Holtz distress ink in spun sugar and picked raspberry. Then cut the watercolor panel down to 1/4" smaller than my white card base and mounted it directly onto the card using Sookwang double-sided tape so it would keep it from warping. Love how pretty this turned out!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very nice simple card. You're on a creative roll.

Lisa Elton said...

Delicate and so pretty!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Hey Celeste! Love your CAS poppies! The color is so feminine- or maybe what Lisa said- delicate. Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps!