Sunday, April 17, 2016

With Sympathy

My final card today was created for the Unity {Show & Tell} Facebook group color challenge. I die cut a piece of Canson coldpress watercolor paper using a stitched edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs and then stamped the magnolia from the Unity Stamp Let Your Dreams Bloom stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink and some clear embossing powder. I heat set the flower and then watercolored it using Tim Holtz distress ink in pumice stone and colored the background using salty ocean. I added a few tiny splatters of the salty ocean for some additional interest. I stamped and heat set the sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Botanical Silhouettes onto a strip of vellum and attached it to the inner panel. I adhered the die cut panel to some smokey grey cardstock from Stampin' UP and adhered it all down to my white cardbase. I added some silver Wink of Stella to the blooms for some shimmer and a few 4mm and 6mm clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. Love how pretty this turned out. 



4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Celeste!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so pretty Celeste! Love the tiny splatters and your wonderful flowers!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, What a gorgeous sympathy card! I never would have thought of putting pumice stone and salty ocean together... but I sure will now. :)

Becca Cruger said...

I'm a BIG fan of adding glitter and sparkly bits in wherever I can (and even sometimes wherever I can't) so this card does the trick for me! Love those sparkly flowers.