Saturday, April 2, 2016

It's A Boy

My second card today was created for this week's Unity sketch challenge over on their Facebook page. I have to admit that I struggled with this one a bit, but I guess that's why it's called a challenge, right? I started with an oldie but a goodie. I stamped Unity Stamp itty bitty It's A Boy onto some American Crafts My Baby blue swiss dot patterned paper. I fussy cut the image out and edged it using a Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker for a nice, clean look on the edges. I stamped the image again onto some white cardstock and then cut the circle out and edged it with black marker as well and popped it up using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I embossed a piece of white cardstock using a Lifestyle Crafts large dot embossing folder and adhered the panel down onto my card base. I cut a small piece of patterned paper from the above mentioned paper pad and adhered that to the side and mounted my onesie straight onto it. I die cut a few "buttons" using the smallest of the MFT button die set using some more of the same patterned swiss dot paper. I tied some bows to the buttons using some blue and white baker's twine from American Crafts and popped each of the buttons up off of the card using some more foam dimensionals. So simple and so cute! 


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cute card, I love that sweet onsie!!

Monika Reeck said...

Cuutee Onessie...cute baby boy card in Blue Celeste...would you like being my blogland friend...visiting n encouraging each other...hugs from Germany
Monika