Sunday, April 3, 2016

Happy Mom's Day

Today's card was created for the current Less Is More challenge. I started with some simple kraft cardstock and treated it with my embossing buddy powder bag. I stamped the sentiment from the Hero Arts Mother's Day stamp set using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white detail embossing powder from Recollections. Using a ruler and a Versamark dual tip pen I drew the lines on either side of the sentiment and heat embossed those. Using some large post-it notes I blocked of the sentiment and stamped the Deco Chalk flowers from Impress Cards and Crafts as well as some of the leaves and heat set those too. I added a few dots here and there for some additional balance and visual interest using my white gel pen. It was a pretty quick and easy card to do. I hope you like it!


17 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous!!

Esther said...

Fantastic card, so CAS and stylish. I love the Kraft and white combination. Great job!

Viv said...

Gorgeous embossing - love white on Kraft - great card!

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Celeste, we've already had Mother's day in the UK, I guess yours will be coming up next month!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mac Mable said...

The white embossing on the Kraft card looks stunning. Those flower stamps are very eye catching. Loving the layout and your attention to detail.

Fiona said...

Great card - that white really pops on the Kraft card stock.

Susan said...

I like how you used the Kraft cardstock...your flowers really pop. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Sid said...

Fab card Celeste ! Your embossing is perfect !

Becca Cruger said...

How elegant!! This is a breath of country air, stamped onto a card - so pretty!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love the white flowers embossed on kraft!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, What a gorgeous card! Love your white on kraft design... and I am quite impressed by -- and just a tad jealous of -- those Versamark drawn lines. :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

CAS, elegance and beauty. A great effect with the kraft card base and an eye-catching design. Thanks for playing along and sharing at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Lisa Elton said...

This is gorgeous!! My goodness Celeste, what a marvelous card!!

Twenty Five Smiles said...

Love the embossed mixed with the kraft!

Neets B said...

Such a great design, kraft and white is lovely together. I think I have a VersMark pen somewhere I've completely forgotten about!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Celeste, beautiful stamping on kraft.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Monika Reeck said...

Elegant..love the white on Craft Celeste...I have to send you card from the list from Hetty...hope you will like my card...hugs
Monika