Monday, April 11, 2016

Happy Holidays


Today's card was created for the 200th challenge over at Merry Monday Challenge, where I am guest designer this week. Congratulations on 200 amazing challenges and thank you for having me! I stamped the adorable Happy Heart Snowman from My Favorite Things onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored him in using red, green, and kraft Copic colors. I die cut a stitched snowbank and adhered it onto my panel and die cut the entire thing using a stitched edge rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. I added some clear Spica glitter pen to the snowman's hat, nose, scarf, and heart and added a few silver pearls from Recollection for his buttons. I die cut a fishtail banner using a die from Jillian Vance and then embossed some kraft cardstock using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I layered all of the pieces onto the card base using the red, green, kraft, and white theme from the challenge. I popped the main focal panel up off of the card using some 3M foam tape. I then die cut a small snowflake from My Favorite Things and adhered it to a circled I had cut using an EK Success punch and added a silver pearl to the center as well as some of the Spica glitter pen for some shimmer and shine. As a final touch I stamped the greeting from the My Favorite Things Cheerful Christmas Greetings stamp set using some Versafine onyx black ink and then added some white dashed lines around the fishtail banner using a white gel pen. I hope you like it!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is fantastic, Celeste! I love your layout and how each element fits perfectly! Those buttons are very eye catching! Thanks so much for joining our Merry Monday team this week!

Linda said...

This is so adorable. Love that snowman. Awesome card. Thanks for joining us as our Guest Designer this week at Merry Monday.

Leigh Penner said...

What a super sweet snowman and card!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, How exciting to see you guesting at Merry Monday, and this is adorable! I especially love the tiny silver pearls.

Lisa Elton said...

Layers of cuteness Celeste! Love the snowman's fancy buttons!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Celeste...wow! I love your crisp, clean design and how you "stitched" the banner - such an adorable image, too! Thanks so much for celebrating our 200th challenge with us at Merry Monday :)

Twenty Five Smiles said...

Super adorable!

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable snowman, and I love the background texture. So glad you could join us for our 200th challenge as Guest Designer.