Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Happy Birthday

This fun and retro card was created for The Paper Players sketch challenge. I started by coloring some Bombshell Stamp images a fellow crafty friend had stamped up for me and sent me in some happy mail using my Copic markers. Using a Gina Marie Designs stitched border circle die I die cut the focal image and inked around the edges using some Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink just to give it a bit of age. Using my Pebbles chalks I inked around the bombshell using some smokey blues to created a bit of sky. I layered some patterned papers from the Spellbinders Media Mixage 6x6 paper pad onto my white card base, inking around all of the edges with the same distress ink to give them all a vintage look. I adhered my focal image onto the card and then layered the palm tree to the left to represent one of the layers in the sketch and then put the sentiment banner underneath. Love how pretty and vintage this turned out. 



7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love the retro feel to this card! Very fun, Celeste!

laurie said...

That is such a FUN image! Cute retro card.Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the contrast of the muted colors in the background with the pop of bright colors on the focal! This is fantastic Celeste!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Celeste, this is fabulous! Love the retro feel of your card! The hula girl, the tree and the banner are just pop off those mutes shades! SO happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Jaydee said...

What an awesome retro card. Fabulous take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is a wonderful vintage card, and I love your interpretation of the sketch. :)

Becky said...

You are so creative my friend! Great, great card!!!