Monday, January 25, 2016

I Like You 'N Coffee

Today's card was created for the latest Can You Case It challenge. I love this awesome layout and thought it might make a fun coffee themed Valentine's Day card that I could send to a crafty friend. I started with a white card base and layered on some kraft cardstock from Hobby Lobby and then layered on a piece of pretty chevron patterned paper from the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neopolitan 6x6 paper pad. I then cut my circles using more of the kraft cardstock and some white cardstock from Staples using my My Favorite Things pierced circle and Spellbinder nesting circle dies. I stamped the sentiment from the Reverse Confetti I Like You stamp set onto some white cardstock using Versafine onyx black ink and then layered on some kraft cardstock behind it for contrast. I stamped the coffee mug from My Style Stamps Coffee Lovers stamp set onto some patterned paper from the same paper pad using Memento tuxedo black ink. I fussy cut the images out and mounted them up using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I die cut a heart and it's coordinating scalloped trim using some more dies from Spellbinders, adhered them together, and mounted them onto the card. I added some sweetheart sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and then added some XMas red Stickles to the inside of the sequins and to the heart on the coffee mug sleeve. Some black dashed lines around the circle, the outer edge, the sentiment strip, and the coffee liner wrap this card up. I hope you like it!


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card, I like the colors and little touch of sparkle!

AJ Bodine said...

Love that chevron paper, with the patterned paper piecing. And that you do your own hand-drawn stitching is really neat. I've seen other cards you've done that on and like them a lot. Very nice entry for this challenge! Thanks for joining us at CYCI :)

AJ, DT CanYouCaseIt

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun, Celeste! I love it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Eva Bussom said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

Dawn Fields said...

Hello Celeste! I love this card. I love the pattern paper you selected for the paper piecing. Such a bright, fun card. Thanks for joining us at CYCI! Dawn

M said...

Awesome card Celeste!! Thanks for joining us at CYCI! :). - Mandy