Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Little Kindness Goes A Long Way

It's been almost a week since I posted a card. I think the holidays and winter are going to get the better of me until I get my vacation. But I did manage to create a few cards today and my first card is for both the Freshly Made Sketches #211 and the Colour Me Monochromatic color challenges. I kept this card in the neutral family of browns for the color challenge and tried to play off of the sketch. I started with some plain white cardstock and inked the edges going straight to paper with my Gina K charcoal brown ink. I mounted that to my card using some double sided tape since I had to dry it with my heat tool and it warped a bit. I then cut down a smaller panel and stamped the elements from the Stampin' UP Kinda Eclectic stamp set using warm cocoa ink and charcoal brown inks, both my Gina K. I then cut a small circle using MFT's pierced circles dies and inked the edges using the same charcoal brown ink. I cut an even smaller circle using a Spellbinders die and stamped one of the elements from the stamp set using the warm cocoa ink. I stamped the butterflies from the same stamp set using both inks and then fussy cut them out. I layered them up using foam dimensionals and glue dots from Stampin' UP. A few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finished up this card!




3 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, I love these monochromatic colors. The layered butterfly is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You've combined these challenges perfectly! I love the way you've used the neutral tones combined! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Ren said...

Hi Celeste, this is a beautiful creation! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me! :)