Saturday, September 5, 2015

You Make Me Happy

When I saw this color combo over at Color Throwdown I knew I wanted to try something different with it. I know I added an extra color with the spring green but I wanted all of my papers to coordinate and the green tied in the leaves on the blue floral paper. I started my card by stamping the adorable C.C. Designs Rainy Day Emma stamp out onto some 110 lb white cardstock. I colored her in using Copic markers and then stamped the raindrops from the Fresh Squeezed Stamps Weather Through stamp set in light blue Colorbox chalk ink. I then die cut the image out using MFT pierced oval dies. I them stamped the sentiment using Stampin' UP's See Ya Later stamp set and then covered up the cloud and rain image from the stamp with some pretty patterned paper from the backside of the Pebbles Hello journaling cards. I then stamped the Prima Marketing Floral & Script background stamp onto the smooth side of some watercolor paper using Versamark ink and heat embossed the image using some Recollections white ultrafine detail powder. I then watercolored the background using a dark yellow shade. I dried the panel with my heat tool and added some dashed lines in black using a Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker. I mounted the panel onto the spring green polka paper from the same journaling paper from Pebbles and added a few sequins in yellow from Pretty Pink Posh. I little clear Wink of Stella glitter pen on the little girl's raincoat and boots topped it all off!

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great card and I love your coloring! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Color Throwdown!

Vickie Z said...

Fun image and great coloring!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!