Sunday, July 12, 2015

Hero

Today's card was created for the Operation Write Home sketch challenge #258. I had just picked up an inexpensive 6x6 pad of Americana paper by Pebbles at Tuesday Morning last week and thought it would be perfect for this sketch. I started with a kraft cardstock base and stamped out the sentiment using Paper Smooches Circle of Honor stamp set in Not Quite Navy ink from Stampin' UP onto some 110 lb white cardstock from Staples. I used the coordinating marker to add the dashed lines around the sentiment. I die cut the banners using the 1" banner die from Jillian Vance Designs and the stars using the Lil' Inker stitched stars dies in the patterned paper and some 110 lb cardstock. I added some red, white, and blue patriotic sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to top it all off and a "welcome home" sentiment on the inside. Love the way it turned out!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable. Love those papers and your doodle stitching around the sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

Celeste Goff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celeste Goff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Fabulous card, I really like the stripes in the background, I wouldn't have thought to use it there, it works really nicely with the rest of your papers! TFS!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this card! Wonderful papers and I love that sentiment. This will be so appreciated!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Cheryl!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Miriam...I appreciate that!

Marika said...

Great take on the sketch! Looks good against the craft base.

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Marika!

Trish said...

Love the kraft with the red, white, and blue.

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you so much Trish!

Annette Allen said...

awesome card.. I love all those fun layers..

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Annette!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, You've done a great job with this sketch, and I love that patriotic paper you picked up at Tuesday Morning. Thanks so much for playing along with our sketch challenge and your support of OWH. :)

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Sybrina!